Wednesday, October 19, 2011

EOC: My Demographics

Born between 1977 and 2000, these children of the baby boomers number 83 million, dwarfing the Gen Xers and larger even than the baby boomer segment. One thing that all of the Millennials have in common is their utter fluency and comfort with digital technology. They don’t just embrace technology, it’s a way of life. (Marketing: An Introduction) I definitely fall under that assumption. I can't remember the last day I had without technology. And I really don't see one coming soon. The Millennials were the first generation to grow up in a world filled with computers, cellphones, satellite TV, iPods, and online social networks. (Marketing: An Introduction) That's very true for me as well. And it's crazy to see that children are becoming  professionals with this technology at such younger ages now. Who knows what 9 years old will be doing by the time they're my age! Technology is growing and improving faster and faster. The Millennials are bombarded with marketing messages coming at them from all directions. And rather than having mass marketing messages pushed at them, they prefer to seek out information and engage in two-way brand conversations. (Marketing: An Introduction) This is kinda true about me. I'm actually kind of a cheap person and I don't too much seek out information as they say. I do, but rarely.  

No comments:

Post a Comment